DKF CULTURAL EXCHANGE TOUR IN NIGERIA
- To provoke conversations on healing and reconciliation for Africans
- To provoke conversations on the need for Africans in the diaspora to do more in connecting themselves and their children to the culture
- To change negative narratives about Africa and show the world the talent and potentials evolving from our continent
- To promote learning and research in African arts and culture
- To connect young African leaders around the world for more development projects
MENTAL HEALTH IN NIGERIA
In Nigeria, an estimated 20%–30% of our population are believed to suffer from mental disorders. This is a very significant number considering Nigeria has an estimated population of over 200 million. Unfortunately, the attention given to mental health disorders in Nigeria is at best, fleeting; the level of awareness of the Nigerian public on mental health issues is also understandably poor, and the misconceptions regarding mental health have continued to flourish.